Should You Use Regular Oil or Synthetic Oil for Your Car Engine?
Majority of car owners today know that synthetic lubricating oil produced and marketed by renowned companies is far superior to the conventional or regular lubricating oil for your car engine.
Synthetic lubricating oil is refined, distilled and broken down into basic molecules to not only remove more impurities but also to tailor the molecules to meet the demands of the modern car engines. Better protection and performance of your car engines is thus ensured in comparison to the regular oil. Blending of special additives to such base oils completes the process to create the ideal lubricating oil for your car engine. All this additional processing and special additives make synthetic oil nearly twice as expensive as the regular oil.
Regular lubricating oil is obtained by distilling crude oil. Fully synthetic oil can be obtained from crude oil or its byproducts through chemical processes or it may be synthesized from other raw materials. Synthetic oils differ in properties for this reason and also due in variation in blending additives with the base synthetic oil. When it comes to using it in your car engine, synthetic oil scores over regular oil in many respects. Some of the key advantages Remanns Remanufactured Engines gives of using synthetic oil for your car engine are:
- Better engine performance
Using synthetic oil in your car engine gives you the following distinct advantages over regular lubricating oil –
- Cleaner engine – Due to reduced wear and tear and better lubrication, your car engine stays relatively cleaner. Thermal breakdown is much less in case of synthetic oil as compared to regular oil
- Higher torque and horsepower – Less initial drag on the engine of your car gives you higher torque and more horsepower.
- Less sludge – Special additives in synthetic oil reduce the problem of sludge formation and accumulation in the car engine.
- Better performance at very low and very high temperatures – With better viscosity at both very low as well as very high operating temperatures, synthetic oil gives you the benefit of quick start and smooth running even in peak winter months.
- Better fuel efficiency
With an overall improvement in the performance of your car engine, the mileage that you get also improves considerably.
- Less evaporative losses
Synthetic oil in your car engine reduces evaporative losses.
- Protection of the delicate turbochargers
With smaller car engines, the manufacturers use turbochargers to increase the engine efficiency and power. Synthetic oil prevents damage to the delicate turbochargers.
Comments are closed.