We are proud to offer America's ONE & ONLY 5 Year / Unlimited Mile No Fault Nationwide Engine Warranty... FOR FREE!
Remanns.com offers multiple warranties; with each warranty having different benefits. We offer both Standard and No Fault Warranty coverage protection, depending on whether you are having the engine installed at a Shop (NO FAULT) OR you are doing the install yourself DIY or at an unlicensed repair shop (Standard). Of course we encourage all of our customers to have the engines installed at a licensed repair shop to take full advantage of the INDUSTRY'S ONLY FREE 5 YEAR NO FAULT UNLIMITED MILES NATIONWIDE WARRANTY. But we do not discourage DIY installs as long as you understand the warranty is Standard under these conditions, and that labor reimbursement does not apply to DIY installs.
The great majority of our remanufactured engine warranties are 5 Year Unlimited Miles NO FAULT, but there are a few specific exceptions to be aware of. So how do you know which warranty applies to you? We welcome that question, please allow us to educate you in brief, and we promise you will see that it is actually quite an easy determination to make...
The very first step in determining which type of warranty applies to your engine purchase is to GET AN INSTANT QUOTE NOW, if you have not already done so.
Once you have received your free, instant quote; the type of remanufactured engine you order dicates which warranty will apply for you. Your quote details will tell you the type of warranty that applies to the engine itself. Vehicles such as sedans, SUVs, and light trucks are all considered the same under our warranty and have 5 Year coverage. However, Medium/Heavy Duty Trucks (weighing 11,000 pounds or more) as well as Diesel Engines have different warranty terms; coverage is 3 Year Unlimited Miles for these particular vehicle types. Also, if it is a Commercial Fleet vehicle, the coverage is 5 years (as long as not diesel or medium/heavy duty truck) but there is a 100K mile ceiling on the coverage.
As far as answering the FAQ of whether you qualify for the No Fault warranty or the Standard warranty, we are glad you asked and will answer that question for you now:
IF the engine you purchase is installed at a licensed repair shop, and it is not a Do-It-Yourself (DIY) install, then we offer NO FAULT warranty coverage. If it is a DIY install, coverage policies will not allow no fault protection, however we still offer you a comprehensive Standard warranty package with the exact same coverage term length.
We have a helpful, handy dandy warranty coverage chart here which you will also see below to help make your exact warranty coverage scenario crystal clear. Also, we leave nothing to chance; when you get a quote and place your order, our system will automatically assign the correct warranty based on your engine type and install destination (Shop or DIY). So, you don't even need to think about it; we'll ensure you have the proper warranty package at checkout.
Below are the Warranty, Terms, and Conditions.
Remanns.com LIMITED WARRANTY FOR REMANUFACTURED ENGINES
Remanns Corporation and its subsidiaries distributes a broad range of new, recycled, remanufactured and reconditioned automotive and truck replacement products through its company owned and operated locations. Our comprehensive remanufactured engine line includes gasoline and diesel engines for standard automobiles as well as light/medium/heavy duty trucks.
WHAT IS COVERED
Remanns warrants its parts to be free of defects in materials and workmanship for the warranty period indicated from the date of installation PROVIDED the part was (and can be documented) installed by a Licensed Automotive Repair Facility.
Notwithstanding any other provision of this warranty, Remann’s sole and exclusive obligation under this warranty is limited to, at Remann’s option, replacement, repair or refund of the purchase price. Transportation charges for Remanns testing on product submitted for repair or replacement under this warranty will be covered by Remanns. In the event that it is determined that the part must be replaced, the original part must be returned to Remanns to for any warranty labor consideration and reimbursement.
While warranty registration is not necessary to obtain warranty coverage on Remanns Products, it is strongly suggested. If you do not register your product you must save your proof of purchase receipt. If you’re not able to provide proof of the initial purchase date at the time of warranty service, the manufacturing date of the product will be used to determine the warranty period.
MAKING A CLAIM
Warranty service is available through any Licensed Automotive Repair Facility.
IF you are an existing customer and you seek to file a warranty claim, PLEASE SUBMIT THE WARRANTY CLAIM FORM HERE, which is found diretly inside your customer account portal.
To make a claim, you must provide proof of purchase from Remanns or from the business which installed the part. Remanns at its option will repair, replace a product or refund the purchase price once it determines that the product requires repair or replacement. For a product to be determined defective it must be sent to Remann’s remanufacturing plant for inspection. Remanns remanufacturing will schedule the pickup of the product or parts in question and pay for transportation. Any products that are not returned to Remanns remanufacturing to undergo inspection will not be covered by this warranty. All repairs and/or replacements to the products must first be authorized by Remanns Remanufacturing. Remanns will not pay for any unauthorized repairs. Incidental damage caused by the requested repair or by the removal of the product is not covered by the warranty.
Products sent to Remanns Remanufacturing for inspection that are deemed not covered under standard warranty will be held in storage for a period of 15 days. Product unclaimed after 15 days will be disposed of by Remanns. Remanns will immediately dispose of any product for which there is an approved claim.
Any Licensed Automotive Repair Facility (LARF) may perform warranty repairs. Most warranty repairs are handled routinely, but sometimes requests for warranty service may not be appropriate. If a customer differs with the decision of the Remanns Warranty Technician and/or the LARF, an investigation will be made to determine whether the warranty applies. Ask the LARF to submit all supporting facts to Remanns for review. If Remanns decides that the claim is justified, the customer will be fully reimbursed for those product items that are defective. To avoid misunderstanding which might occur between the customer and Remanns/LARF, listed below are some of the causes of engine failure that the standard warranty does not cover.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED
Normal Wear: Our products, like all mechanical devices, need periodic parts service and replacement to perform correctly. Remanns standard warranty would not apply if damage to the product has occurred because of misuse, lack of routine maintenance, shipping, handling, warehousing or improper installation. Similarly, warranty is void if the serial number of the product has been removed or the product has been altered or modified with aftermarket performance enhancing parts.
Improper Maintenance: The life of a mechanical device depends upon the conditions under which it operates, and the care it receives. Wear, when caused by dirt, dust, spark plug cleaning grit or other abrasive material that has entered the engine because of improper maintenance, is not covered by Remanns standard warranty.
Nor does the standard warranty extend to repairs required because of:
- Problems caused by parts that are not Remanns parts - including but not limited to parts outside of the long block.
- Damage as a result of overheating, lack of lubrication, fuel wash or contamination.
- Damage resulting from pre-Ignition or detonation - Including but not limited to melted or broken piston, broken piston rings, damaged cylinder heads, leaking head gaskets, etc.
- Repair or replacement required as a result of any accident or misuse.
- Repair or replacement of any accessory or service item, including specifically but not limited to: all components of the cooling, fuel, electrical, exhaust and ignition systems in addition to all belts, hoses, bolts, shafts, sensors, switches and filters.
- Any product used for competition, racing or related purposes.
- Any product to which a device or accessory not conforming to original manufacturer’s specifications has been installed.
- Damage as a result of electrolysis, including but not limited to, deterioration of engine components as a result of excessive electrical current.
- Improperly maintained coolant, and/or any product on which periodic maintenance services required by the original manufacturer have not been performed.
- Crankshaft Thrust Surface worn due to excessive forward pressure placed on the rear of the crankshaft.
- Damage resulting from improper repair(s) or attempted repair(s) by any service technician.
- Leaking carburetors, clogged fuel pipes, sticking valves, or other damage, caused by using contaminated or stale fuel.
- Parts which are scored or broken because an engine was operated with insufficient or contaminated lubricating oil or an incorrect grade of lubricating oil (check and refill when necessary, and change at recommended intervals). Engine damage may occur if oil level is not properly maintained.
- Repair or adjustment of associated parts or assemblies such as clutches and transmissions.
- Damage or wear to parts caused by dirt, which entered the engine because of improper air cleaner maintenance, re-assembly or use of a non-original air cleaner element or cartridge. At recommended intervals, clean and/or replace the filter as stated in the Operator’s Manual.
- Engine or equipment parts broken by excessive vibration caused by a loose engine mounting, improper attachment of equipment to engine crankshaft or other abuse in operation.
- Lack of routine tune-up or adjustment of the engine.
- Engine or engine component failure, i.e., combustion chamber, valves, valve seats, valve guides or burned starter motor windings, caused by the use of alternate fuels such as, liquefied petroleum, natural gas, altered gasoline, etc.
- Products used in manner that violates the terms of the Remanns Owner’s Manual, the installation and break-in procedures below, the OEM owner’s manual, or is used for purposes other than their original intended use.
NO Remanns warranty shall apply to products installed on any Recreational Vehicles over 11,000 pounds Gross Vehicle Weight which includes most Class A, Class B and Class C Motor Homes and Bus conversions. Additionally, products used in competitive racing or on commercial or rental race tracks are not warranted. Remanns products are not warranted if used in an application for which they were not engineered e.g., using standard gasoline engines in a marine application. This warranty does not apply to fleet or commercial vehicles other than as indicated.
Standard warranty: Authorized repairs on approved claims (after factory inspection of returned parts) will be reimbursed at a rate not to exceed the Mitchell Repair Manual published applicable flat rate schedule. Hourly rates for all authorized repairs will be paid in accordance with rate paid for the original installation but not to exceed $50.00 an hour or the total cost of the original part in total. Do-it yourself repairs, repairs performed by unlicensed repair facilities, or repairs made to units not originally installed in a LARF will not be reimbursed.
No-Fault Warranty Protection: Authorized repairs on claims will be reimbursed at a rate not to exceed the Mitchell Repair Manual published applicable flat rate schedule. Hourly rates for all authorized repairs will be paid in accordance with rate paid for the original installation but not to exceed $50.00 an hour. Do-it yourself repairs, repairs performed by unlicensed repair facilities, or repairs made to units not originally installed in a LARF will not be reimbursed. Labor guarantee under terms of No-Fault Warranty Protection is limited to the first time failure of the product and in no case will the total labor under the terms of this guarantee EXCEED the Mitchell Repair Manual published applicable flat rate schedule of hours for R&R engine times $50 per hour.
Payment for Parts
Parts on authorized repairs will be reimbursed at the purchase price. Proof of Purchase will be required. Fluid and filter replacement costs will only be reimbursed for the first 2,000 miles of service.
Product replaced under warranty carries the remainder of the original product’s warranty term.
If you are unable to obtain satisfactory service, please contact the Remanns Warranty Department at 1 844 774 4753. This warranty applies to vehicles registered and normally operated in the United States and Canada.
ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF THIS WARRANTY AND DO NOT COVER INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS OR THE EXCLUSION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS, WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may also have other rights which may vary from state to state and country to country.
INSTALLATION, BREAK-IN PROCEDURES
Remanns Remanufactured products are designed to provide years of trouble-free service. In order for your Remanns remanufactured product to perform as expected, it must be installed correctly, operated responsibly and properly maintained.
Engines and Cylinder Heads
Once the product has been installed, it is the owner’s responsibility to break-in the product properly. After the break-in period and 600 mile checkup, the product must be maintained to the original manufacturer’s specifications. If you are unsure of the maintenance schedule or have any questions regarding your Remanns product, please call Remann’s customer service department at 1 844 774 4753
When applicable, valves must be readjusted to your vehicle’s manufacturer’s specifications. Refer to the factory shop manual, or call Remann’s customer service for the proper procedure for your engine type.
Your Remanns remanufactured engine requires special care during its initial “break-in” period. To ensure your engines long life expectancy and proper engine performance, please follow these procedures during the first 600 miles of operation.
- Do not drive for long periods at any single speed, always vary your speed.
- Do not tow a trailer or put other heavy loads on the vehicle.
- Check the engine oil and coolant levels daily.
600 Mile Checkup:
- Check fuel and ignition settings.
- Change engine oil and filter.
- Adjust Valves (where applicable).
- Remanns does not recommend using synthetic engine oil until after the first 5,000 of service. Follow your vehicle owner’s manual for service intervals.
Failure to perform these procedures can result in damage to the product that may not be covered under your warranty.
Please retain all service records (repair orders, invoices, etc) related to the Remann’s product maintenance and service. In the event of a product failure you will be required to provide copies of installation invoice and all maintenance records covering the installed product.
Order Cancellation: All orders will incur a 10% restock fee if cancelled after placing your order. In addition, if the part has been shipped, you will be liable for the cost of shipping to return the item to us. This only pertains to products which have not been installed. If the product has been installed, we will require a manager to review and decide if the product is eligible for return. Furthermore, it is a requirement that you speak to us in advance before attempting a return.