We are proud to offer America's ONE & ONLY FREE 5 Year / Unlimited Mile No Fault Nationwide Engine Warranty... YES FREE!
5 Year Warranty Unlimited Mile NO FAULT applies to Engines purchased on or after September 14, 2020. *Purchases prior to that include the warranty terms in effect at the time of purchase.
Remanns.com offers multiple warranties; with each warranty having different benefits. We offer both Standard and No Fault Warranty coverage protection, depending on whether you are having the engine installed at a Shop (NO FAULT) OR you are doing the install yourself DIY or at an unlicensed repair shop (Standard). Of course we encourage all of our customers to have the engines installed at a licensed repair shop to take full advantage of the INDUSTRY'S ONLY FREE 5 YEAR NO FAULT UNLIMITED MILES NATIONWIDE WARRANTY. But we do not discourage DIY installs as long as you understand the warranty is Standard with the conditions as described below, and that labor reimbursement does not apply to DIY installs.
The great majority of our remanufactured engine warranties are 5 Year Unlimited Miles NO FAULT, but there are a few specific exceptions to be aware of. So how do you know which warranty applies to you? We welcome that question, please allow us to educate you in brief, and we promise you will see that it is actually quite an easy determination to make...
The very first step in determining which type of warranty applies to your engine purchase is to GET AN INSTANT QUOTE NOW, if you have not already done so.
Once you have received your free, instant quote; the type of remanufactured engine you order dicates which warranty will apply for you. Your quote details will tell you the type of warranty that applies to the engine itself. Vehicles such as sedans, SUVs, and light trucks are all considered the same under our warranty and have 5 Year coverage. However, Diesel Engines have different warranty terms; coverage is 1 Year Unlimited Miles for these particular vehicle types with a labor rate not to exceed $90 per hour.
As far as answering the FAQ of whether you qualify for the No Fault warranty or the Standard warranty, we are glad you asked and will answer that question for you now:
IF the engine you purchase is installed at a licensed repair shop, and it is not a Do-It-Yourself (DIY) install, then we offer NO FAULT warranty coverage. If it is a DIY install, coverage policies will not allow no fault protection, however we still offer you a comprehensive Standard warranty package.
We leave nothing to chance; when you get a quote and place your order, our system will automatically assign the correct warranty based on your engine type and install destination (Shop or DIY). So, you don't even need to think about it; we'll ensure you have the proper warranty package at checkout.
Below are the Warranty, Terms, and Conditions.
Remanns.com LIMITED WARRANTY FOR REMANUFACTURED ENGINES
Remanns Corporation and its subsidiaries distributes a broad range of new, recycled, remanufactured and reconditioned automotive and truck replacement products through its company owned and operated locations. Our comprehensive remanufactured engine line includes gasoline and diesel engines for standard automobiles as well as light/medium/heavy duty trucks.
ATTENTION: A gasket set, which may be provided with this engine, is complementary and is provided with the engine at no charge. It is up to the discretion of the installer to use the gaskets provided. The only gaskets that are covered by the parts and labor warranty are the gaskets that are installed at factory during the manufacturing process.
ATTENTION: Heat tabs have been installed on this engine. Heat tabs, when attached to the engine block or heads provide visual evidence if an engine has been overheated; removing these tabs will void the warranty.
Before beginning the engine installation please review the following instructions:
- Verify the root cause of the original engine failure
- Check engine assembly for shipping damage
- Verify the engine ordered and the engine received is correct for the application
- Read all warning tags and additional information supplied with the engine
- Have shop manual available for torque, timing and other factory specifications
Stop Now and Check Your Existing Components
1. The intake manifold must be thoroughly clean or replaced. Intake manifold must be free of all debris before being installed on the engine. Debris such as old piston, piston ring or valve material can be trapped in the intake, plenum, and EGR system. The debris can and will be pulled into the replacement engine causing the replacement engine to fail. Do not glass bead, sand blast or use any type of media that could get lodged in the intake. Failures due to foreign debris will not be covered by manufacturer’s warranty; replacement engine will not be supplied.
2. Installer must diagnose, repair and insure proper operation of engine related systems and subsystems. Failure to make repairs to these components may result in engine failure:
- Fan (motor, wiring, relays, switches, or clutch)
- Water pump
- Volume and pressure
- Quality (sugar, water, debris)
- Vacuum Hoses
- Controls (PCV and EGR)
- Catalytic converters (plugged, leaking, or restricted)
- Air induction (air cleaner and inlet hoses)
- Electrical/Electronic systems
- Computer Controls
- All associated wiring, relays and sensors
AFTER INSTALLING THE ENGINE
It is very important for OEM maintenance intervals be followed. The replacement unit requires the same service.
CHECK ENGINE FOR INTERFERENCE
ROTATE THE CRANKSHAFT BY HAND A MINIMUM OF FOUR COMPLETE REVOLUTIONS BEFORE ENGAGING THE STARTER.
Nuts, bolts, washers or other small parts that may have been dropped into the intake manifold or intake ports can severely damage replacement engine. If engine cannot be rotated by hand, inspect for foreign objects in combustion chamber.
THE OIL PUMP ON THIS ENGINE MUST BE PRIMED AND THE ENTIRE OILING SYSTEM MUST BE PURGED OF AIR BEFORE THE DRIVE BELTS ARE INSTALLED AND THE ENGINE IS STARTED.
- Preferred method is to use a pressurized system to push clean oil through the entire oiling system.
- Distributor type engines can be primed with priming tool and drill motor to rotate oil pump shaft. Oil must flow to the top of the engine to the rocker arms.
- Another method to use before the drive belt and spark plugs are installed is to disable the fuel and ignition systems and crank engine in short durations until oil pressure is achieved. Once oil pressure is attained, crank engine an additional two minutes in short durations to insure the oiling system is purged of air.
- Check and adjust oil level after priming and purging is complete.
- Oil coolers and cooler lines need to be replaced with new engine and clear of all debris.
- Fill to manufacturer’s recommended levels
- Proper concentration of manufacturer’s recommended coolant
- Air bleed (many late model cooling systems MUST be air bled)
Engines equipped with adjustable rocker assemblies MUST be readjusted after engine “run in”.
Engines originally equipped with oil cooler, OIL COOLER MUST BE REPLACED! Failure to replace oil cooler will void the warranty. Replacement unit will not be supplied.
ENGINE BREAK IN
Initial oil change must be done at 500 miles. Synthetic motor oil is not recommended until engine has accrued 5000 miles.
Do not tow a trailer or heavy loads; check coolant level and engine oil regularly.
Avoid long trips at a constant speed, varying speed and RPM assists in break in.
These documents will be required in the event of a failure.
- Original sales ticket and repair order
- All service and maintenance records
*All engines reported to be defective will be disassembled and inspected. Claims initiated without pertinent information or lack of documentation may be subject to plant inspection.
Remanns Limited Warranty
The Remanufacturer issues this Limited Warranty to the original purchaser/owner of the vehicle in which the engine, transmission or component is installed. The Remanufacturer warrants the remanufactured engine, transmission or component part, which was purchased and is described in this warranty to be free from defects in materials or workmanship if properly installed and maintained during the specified warranty period. If the remanufactured engine, transmission or component fails due to a defect in materials or workmanship during the specific warranty period, the Remanufacturer will repair, replace, or refund, at the discretion of the Remanufacturer the engine, transmission, or component in question.
- 36 Months/100,000 Miles: Passenger cars, police cars and light trucks up to 1 ton, except motors homes* and special use vehicles* listed below. This warranty covers parts and labor as described in remanufacturer’s limited warranty for a period of 36 months/100,000 miles.
- 24 Months/24,000 Miles: Trucks over 1 ton and motor homes* and special use vehicles* listed below. This warranty covers parts and labor as described in remanufacturer’s limited warranty.
- Diesel Engines: 1 Year Unlimited Miles Parts & Labor. 100% parts and labor on qualified parts/engine(s) that fail under use and service, due to defects in workmanship or material up to the stated limited warranty period as shown below. Consumables are not covered.
- 12 Months/12,000 Miles: All taxi cabs, Ford Mustang Cobra, GT, Ford F-150 Lightning and Harley Davidson pickups. All vehicles equipped with OEM supercharger. This warranty covers parts and labor as described in remanufacturer’s limited warranty.
- 3 Months: Stationary, agricultural and industrial. This warranty covers parts and labor as described in remanufacturer’s limited warranty.
- Class B and C Motor Homes: These being built on Ford, Dodge, or General Motors “cutaway chassis” or van chassis will be warranted under the remanufacturer’s limited warranty. Coverage excludes labor for removal and replacement of accessories not specific to the original manufacturer’s chassis.
- ½ ton through ¾ ton for standard 36 Month/100,000 miles.
- 1 ton for standard 24 Month/24,000 miles.
This warranty is subject to the standards described in the remanufacturer’s limited warranty.
**ALL TRUCK AND VAN CHASSIS EMERGENCY SERVICE VEHICLES AND RAILROAD VEHICLES WITH HIGH RAIL EQUIPMENT ARE EXCLUDED FROM THIS WARRANTY**
AFTER INSTALLING THE ENGINE
It is very important for OEM maintenance intervals to be followed. The replacement unit requires the same service level. We require your vehicle be serviced at an ASE certified-repair facility only. Please retain repair records for future reference in the event of a failure.
Pertaining to Diesel: Maximum limits for labor reimbursements are as follows: $1000.00 for engines in Agricultural, Industrial, Marine, Stationary applications and/or Class A motor homes. Parts will be reimbursed at cost.
Limited Warranty Disclaimer and Exclusion to Coverage
Limited warranty excludes:
- Installed in vehicles or marine applications used for racing, off-road use, or containing high performance modifications, aftermarket superchargers, emergency service vehicles, railroad vehicles with high rail equipment.
- This warranty does not cover damage or failure arising directly or indirectly from improper installation (not in accordance with the original equipment manufacturer’s specifications) or related vehicle problems, misuse, maintenance, neglect, abuse, overheating, detonation, foreign object damage, vandalism, abnormal operation, environmental conditions, lack of lubrication at start up, accident or damage which was apparent and not reported at the time of delivery.
- Not serviced at proper intervals, use of fuel/oil/coolant not in accordance with original manufacturer’s specifications.
- Installed using an oil pump other than the one supplied with the engine.
- Installed using a different valve body or converter other than the one supplied with the transmission.
- Installed in an application set up for propane or any alternative fuels using a standard gasoline production engine or component.
- Compensation for inconvenience or loss of vehicle use.
- Expenses incurred in securing replace vehicles, rentals, lodging, towing, roadside assistance, vehicle storage, loss of time, loss of income, commercial loss, long distance telephone calls, legal fees, or other consequential cost or damages.
- Any extensions to Limited Warranty beyond the described period from the date or mileage of the original installation of engine or component due to repairs or replacements.
- Repairs or replacements otherwise covered if performed without prior authorization from the Remanufacturer, failure to return defective engine, transmission, component or repair parts, failure to supply proper paperwork and documentation*.
- Parts and labor costs that exceed allowable limits*. Parts and labor costs due to misdiagnosis of failure.
- Any gaskets, gasket sets or component parts, unless installed on engine or component at time of remanufacture.
- Any costs incurred for replacement of any parts not related to remanufactured engine, transmission or component failure (i.e., ignition components, fuel system components, sensor, cooling system components or other maintenance related components).
- Any and all failures occurring outside the contiguous states of the United States of America.
- Labor incurred removing or replacing accessories not specific to the original chassis manufacturer on all class B and class C motor homes.
*SEE LIMITED WARRANTY CLAIMS PROCESSING AND PAYMENT POLICY.
General Limitations 1) You must be able to provide an original receipt in your name for the warranty claim to be considered. 2) Any repairs not authorized by Remanns will void the warranty. 3) We reserve the right to have the part(s) inspected to ensure that all pertinent provisions of this warranty have been met prior to any replacement, repair, or refund.
THIS WARRANTY IS NULL AND VOID IF: Failures are caused by non-covered components, improper installation, failure to repair any subsystem failure, failure due to component or part not installed on the unit when manufactured, usage for which the part was not intended and/or improper maintenance (e.g., using the incorrect types and levels of fluids and lubricants as specified by the vehicle manufacturer). Product is installed in an application for which the vehicle manufacturer did not intend. Failure is cause by towing a trailer or other vehicle unless your vehicle is equipped for this purpose as recommended by the vehicle manufacturer. Product is installed or operated outside the United States of America or Canada. Failure is caused by or related to a collision, fire, theft, vandalism, riot, explosion, lightning, earthquake, windstorm, hail, water, freezing, flood or any other act of God. Failure is cause by neglect, abuse, misuse, racing (whether on road or off-road), or modifications. There is evidence that the vehicle was continually operated after failure occurred. The engine heat tabs are missing, tampered with, melted, misplaced, or otherwise not as originally installed. This part may have accessories that are attached, and must be switched or removed to accommodate proper installation, which is the responsibility of the installer. Such accessories are not covered by this warranty. This limited warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state. Remanns does not authorize any person to create for it any obligation or liability in connection with this warranty. In the case of engines this warranty is limited to defects to the block, heads, pistons, crankshaft, camshafts, valves, rockers, connecting rods and other internal lubricated parts. All other part that may be provided are considered “accessories and extra parts”. No warranty is provided for any such parts that are attached, included but not limited to these parts such as solenoids, injectors, switches, sensors, water pumps or manifolds. There are no warranties on overheated, burned, or overloaded parts. Engines, Transmissions, and Transfer Cases all require that all installation and ongoing maintenance procedures be followed. Engines are sold as a long block assemble only, which include just the short block and cylinder head(s). Any other parts that are included are not warranted. Any claim on a defective or incorrect part must be made within the warranty period. The part must be returned to the manufacturer for verification that it is the same part they send and is indeed defective. Upon its return, the part must be in the same condition as when sold. It is agreed that the sole determiner of condition for return is the manufacturer. No refund or exchange can be made until the manufacturer has verified the part condition. There are NO returns on altered, disassembled, overheated parts or parts that fail due to failure to lubricate properly.
Jurisdiction, Venue, and Arbitration
Disputes and controversies of every kind and nature between Remanns and Purchaser, arising out of or relating to this agreement, transaction or purchase shall be settled by mandatory binding arbitration in Cudahy, Milwaukee County, Wisconsin, in accordance with Wisconsin arbitration law. The arbitrator shall be an arbitrator mutually agreeable to the parties, or if the parties cannot agree, an arbitrator appointed by the Court. Jurisdiction and venue for any and all disputes and controversies between the parties shall be in Cudahy, Milwaukee County, Wisconsin, and decided in accordance with the Wisconsin law. The prevailing party in any arbitration proceeding or Court matter shall be entitled to reimbursement for reasonable attorney’s fees and costs, defined to include fees paid to arbitrators and expert witnesses.
Limited Warranty Claims Filing Procedure
Approval for repairs or replacements of remanufactured engines, transmissions, or components must be obtained from the customer service department prior to any work being performed. Any repairs or replacements performed without prior approval will not be covered.
When contacting the Warranty Department please have the following information:
- Serial number of the engine or transmission
- Part number of engine, transmission or component
- Date and mileage at the time of installation
- Current mileage
- Make, model, year, vehicle identification number and license plate number
- Description of problem that you having with the remanufactured engine or component
- Original Invoice and repair order
- Current sales ticket and repair order
- Sales tickets for any parts purchased to complete repairs to replacements
- All services and maintenance records
- Warranty authorization number
Diagnostic time will only be covered if instructed by Warranty Department.
Remanufactured engines, components or parts found to be defective must be returned to Remanufacturer for failure analysis or claim will be denied.
Any remanufactured engine, components or repair parts must be submitted with appropriate paperwork and authorization number to ensure payment.
Paperwork and information required:
Please retain a copy of the paperwork and authorization for future reference. CLAIMS NOT SUBMITTED WITHIN 30 DAYS OF LAST ACTION WILL BE VOID.
While warranty registration is not necessary to obtain warranty coverage on Remanns Products, you must save your proof of purchase receipt. If you're not able to provide proof of the initial purchase date at the time of warranty service, the manufacturing date of the product will be used to determine the warranty period.
No Fault Warranty
The Remanns No-Fault Warranty is a policy that mirrors the existing time, mileage and labor coverage of the Remanss Standard Warranty originally included with the unit. The Remanns No-Fault Warranty is supplemental to the standard warranty.
ADDITIONAL COVERAGE INCLUDED: The no fault warranty covers the first time non-manufacturing responsible defect for the unit value and installation labor up to the original coverage timeline. Maximum labor coverage is still $50.00 per hour at ALLDATA time.
WHAT IS EXCLUDED: Towing, rental car, and fluids are not covered under the no fault warranty. Parts and labor warranty under the no fault agreement is limited to the first time failure of the assembly. Multiple failures due to non-manufacturing defects are not covered. Engines that are used in a manner that violates the terms of the standard warranty or used for purposes other than their original intended use is not covered. Do-it yourself repairs and repairs performed by unlicensed repair facilities are not covered.
MAKING A CLAIM
Warranty service is available through any Licensed Automotive Repair Facility.
IF you are an existing customer and you seek to file a warranty claim, PLEASE SUBMIT THE WARRANTY CLAIM FORM HERE, which is found diretly inside your customer account portal.
To make a claim, you must provide proof of purchase from Remanns or from the business which installed the part. Remanns at its option will repair, replace a product or refund the purchase price once it determines that the product requires repair or replacement. For a product to be determined defective it must be sent to Remann's remanufacturing plant for inspection. Remanns remanufacturing will schedule the pickup of the product or parts in question and pay for transportation. Any products that are not returned to Remanns remanufacturing to undergo inspection will not be covered by this warranty. All repairs and/or replacements to the products must first be authorized by Remanns Remanufacturing. Remanns will not pay for any unauthorized repairs. Incidental damage caused by the requested repair or by the removal of the product is not covered by the warranty.
Products sent to Remanns Remanufacturing for inspection that are deemed not covered under standard warranty will be held in storage for a period of 15 days. Product unclaimed after 15 days will be disposed of by Remanns. Remanns will immediately dispose of any product for which there is an approved claim.
Any Licensed Automotive Repair Facility (LARF) may perform warranty repairs. Most warranty repairs are handled routinely, but sometimes requests for warranty service may not be appropriate. If a customer differs with the decision of the Remanns Warranty Technician and/or the LARF, an investigation will be made to determine whether the warranty applies. Ask the LARF to submit all supporting facts to Remanns for review. If Remanns decides that the claim is justified, the customer will be fully reimbursed for those product items that are defective. To avoid misunderstanding which might occur between the customer and Remanns/LARF, listed below are some of the causes of engine failure that the standard warranty does not cover.
Standard warranty: Authorized repairs on approved claims (after factory inspection of returned parts) will be reimbursed at a rate not to exceed the Mitchell Repair Manual published applicable flat rate schedule. Hourly rates for all authorized repairs will be paid in accordance with rate paid for the original installation but not to exceed $50.00 an hour or the total cost of the original part in total. Do-it yourself repairs, repairs performed by unlicensed repair facilities, or repairs made to units not originally installed in a LARF will not be reimbursed.
No-Fault Warranty Protection: Authorized repairs on claims will be reimbursed at a rate not to exceed the Mitchell Repair Manual published applicable flat rate schedule. Hourly rates for all authorized repairs will be paid in accordance with rate paid for the original installation but not to exceed $50.00 an hour. Do-it yourself repairs, repairs performed by unlicensed repair facilities, or repairs made to units not originally installed in a LARF will not be reimbursed. Labor guarantee under terms of No-Fault Warranty Protection is limited to the first time failure of the product and in no case will the total labor under the terms of this guarantee EXCEED the Mitchell Repair Manual published applicable flat rate schedule of hours for R&R engine times $50 per hour.
Product replaced under warranty carries the remainder of the original product's warranty term.
If you are unable to obtain satisfactory service, please contact the Remanns Warranty Department at 1 844 774 4753. This warranty applies to vehicles registered and normally operated in the United States and Canada.
ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF THIS WARRANTY AND DO NOT COVER INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS OR THE EXCLUSION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS, WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may also have other rights which may vary from state to state and country to country.
INSTALLATION, BREAK-IN PROCEDURES
Remanns Remanufactured products are designed to provide years of trouble-free service. In order for your Remanns remanufactured product to perform as expected, it must be installed correctly, operated responsibly and properly maintained.
Engines and Cylinder Heads
Once the product has been installed, it is the owner's responsibility to break-in the product properly. After the break-in period and 600 mile checkup, the product must be maintained to the original manufacturer's specifications. If you are unsure of the maintenance schedule or have any questions regarding your Remanns product, please call Remann's customer service department at 1 844 774 4753
When applicable, valves must be readjusted to your vehicle's manufacturer's specifications. Refer to the factory shop manual, or call Remann's customer service for the proper procedure for your engine type.
Your Remanns remanufactured engine requires special care during its initial 'break-in' period. To ensure your engines long life expectancy and proper engine performance, please follow these procedures during the first 600 miles of operation.
- Do not drive for long periods at any single speed, always vary your speed.
- Do not tow a trailer or put other heavy loads on the vehicle.
- Check the engine oil and coolant levels daily.
600 Mile Checkup:
- Check fuel and ignition settings.
- Change engine oil and filter.
- Adjust Valves (where applicable).
- Remanns does not recommend using synthetic engine oil until after the first 5,000 of service. Follow your vehicle owner's manual for service intervals.
Special Manufacturer Installation Requirements may apply and must be followed or your warranty may be voided.
Failure to perform these procedures can result in damage to the product that may not be covered under your warranty.
Please retain all service records (repair orders, invoices, etc) related to the Remann's product maintenance and service. In the event of a product failure you will be required to provide copies of installation invoice and all maintenance records covering the installed product.
Order Cancellation: All orders will incur a 15% restock fee if cancelled after placing your order. In addition, if the part has been shipped, you will be liable for the cost of shipping to return the item to us.' This only pertains to products which have not been installed.' If the product has been installed, we will require a manager to review and decide if the product is eligible for return.' Furthermore, it is a requirement that you speak to us in advance before attempting a return.
Shipping Charges to Alaska and Hawaii are Non-Refundable.
In the event that the Buyer defaults in the terms of payment, the Buyer agrees to reimburse Remanns.com for all cost and reasonable attorney fees it incurs in a collection action.